Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Strange Dream

I was on a cold, iron conveyor belt system. I looked ahead of me and I saw human limbs surrounding me. Blood is scattered everywhere, on the belt and over the walls. I try moving, but can't. I look down and see that I have no lower body. I now move into a third person perspective and I see myself from a bird's eye view. I heard a thundering boom and the conveyor belt starts to move, slowly picking up speed. The cold belt continues to move as I hear a wrenching click with every meter traveled.
Let me clarify that this wasn't a nightmare. I was not scared or frightened about what was going to happen. The feelings of intensity were of excitement. I understood my surroundings and perceived what was happening.
I finally noticed where the conveyor belt was taking my upper body and the other discombobulated limbs. A giant, steaming hot furnace blasted hot air from its vents. I felt the heat travel through what was left of my body. It seems the end was near. I was at harmony with my emotions, with myself. I somehow felt connected with the rest of the world. As I moved swiftly towards the blistering furnace, I thought of my friends, family, failures, dreams, and experiences. I am now a few meters away from entering the roaring fire, as limbs in front of me drop into the furnace, simply popping out of existence. A flood of euphoria cascaded through my body, increasing in intensity until the blackness hit me like nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment